The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
Carl Sagan, scientist, astronomer, and author
We’re not just cultivating the actual cannabis plant. We’re also fostering a culture of acceptance, legitimacy, community, and better health care.
Fortunately, the movement towards more cannabis research, greater demand from the public, a better quality of life as a result of use, and more favorable legislation is gaining momentum. It’s also paving the way to more opportunities for us to fine-tune our products, improve the quality of people’s lives and build a more sustainable, profitable economy – creating a brighter way forward for all.
As one of our four pillars, cultivation is the seed that becomes more than a product. It’s what enables Verano™ to build a business, employing the best in their fields. It allows us to discover and create strains that provide hope and relief to countless patients and adult-use consumers. It affords us the opportunity to sow the seeds for a more vibrant, economically viable community.
Here are just of a few of the hallmarks of our Cultivation program:
- Our footprint to sow cannabis seeds is vast. Currently, we have extensive cultivation capacity throughout Illinois, Maryland, and Nevada.
- The Mother room is where we grow and clone cannabis seeds, promoting strong branch growth. Clones are identically genetic to the mother plant, securing its gender as female. Female plants contain phytocannabinoids, possessing desirable therapeutic and clinical properties. Once a clone has rooted, it’s transplanted into pots and moved to the Vegetative room to strengthen its branches. They’ll require 16 hours of daylight and can grow one to two inches per day. Once they flower, the plants head to the Flowering room. They’ll produce colas, which is where the flowers bloom in clusters. This process requires 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness, followed by 12 hours of light to induce visible signs of flowering – yellow, red and orange in color. Most of the flowers will bud at the top branches but will work their way towards the stem’s bottom.
- We cultivate premium cannabis strains that are organic and pesticide-free – including those from far away lands. What you put into your body should be pure and natural. We take great pains to ensure that each cultivar bears these characteristics. We also spend the time necessary to identify naturally occurring cannabinoids and their impacts on various physiological functions.
- Those familiar with Verano Holdings know that we like to push the envelope. Good isn’t good enough for us. We like to surpass the ordinary to become the extraordinary. It’s why our scientists and medicinal plant specialists seek out as well as develop unique and rare cannabis genetics.
- We put our strains through rigorous testing beyond what’s expected under typical state-licensed certifications to ensure that our patients and adult-use consumers receive only the finest, safest products.
- We maintain current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP)-designed facilities and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure the hygiene and safety of our cultivation and production practices.